In this article, let us look at pagination and how pagination is done with DynamoDB. Pagination is essential when we have a lot of items to display on the UI and we don’t want the user to wait till all the items are loaded. Continue reading
AWS Lambda lets you run code without provisioning or managing servers. You are charged based on the time and resources consumed by your code when it runs – there is no charge when your code is not running. All of this makes AWS Lambda very easy to jump straight into your business logic and not worry about the infrastructure setup. But since this is a “server less architecture”, code deployments for your various stages is a bit different than what you are used to. Let’s look at how to manage staging with the help of Lambda Versions and Aliases. Continue reading
This blog details building an openCV using extra modules, mainly the opencv_contirb, in Windows.
- Download and install Visual Studio 2015 and CMake.
NOTE: By default, C++ is not installed in Visual Studio 2015. After basic installation, modify the installation by following the path : Programming Language -> C++)
- Download and install the following Python packages to their default locations:
In this blog, we will look at image filtering which is the first and most important pre-processing step that almost all image processing applications demand. The content is structured as following:
- In the context of noisy gray-scale images, we will explore the mathematics of convolution and three of the most widely used noise reduction algorithms.
- Next, we will analyze the pros and cons of each algorithm and measure their effectiveness by applying them to a test case.
- We will hence conclude by the defining parameters to look for when choosing between these three algorithms.
The idea of having a bot, who listens, understands and responds to your commands, is very intriguing. How about creating one yourself? It might sound daunting at first but it’s not that difficult in reality.
In this post we will create a bot for Google Assistant which powers
Google Now and probably some other google products. To keep this post really short and easy to follow, I will not plug the NLP piece in our bot, which you might have to in case you decide to build a really intelligent bot. Our bot will do a simple thing, when asked for a movie suggestion, it will suggest a movie. Continue reading